The end of the year is quickly approaching, and Austin Community Foundation is ready to assist you with your year-end giving. To provide you with the best service and ensure your charitable gifts qualify for a tax deduction, we’ve put together the following tips and important reminders.
Donate gifts to your fund
- Charitable stock donation: Must be received in ACF’s brokerage account (Schwab) by 4 p.m. Central on Friday, December 29, 2023. Delivery periods can vary; please consult with your advisor to plan accordingly.
- Complex charitable asset donation: Please contact Cybil Guess, VP of Donor Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Coralie Pledger, CFO at email@example.com, by 5 p.m. Central on Friday, December 1, 2023.
- Charitable donation check: Must be postmarked on or before Sunday, December 31, 2023.
- Wire and ACH transfers: Instruct your financial institution to ACH/wire your contribution to be delivered on or before Friday, December 29, 2023. See ACF’s updated banking instructions below.*
- Charitable donation online: Donate via the Donate tab of the donor portal on or before Sunday, December 31, 2023.
- Gifts of Cryptocurrency through Giving Block: Must be received into ACF’s account by 4 p.m. Central on Friday, December 29, 2023. Delivery periods can vary from 2-5 days.
Need assistance? Email the Donor Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-472-4483.
Make a grant from your fund
- Submit your request by 5 p.m. Central on Monday, December 11, 2023.
- To expedite grant processing, submit your request(s) through the donor portal. Need assistance with your grantmaking? Email email@example.com.
ACF will issue grants via ACH electronic transfer to streamline grant distributions when feasible. In your request, provide an email and phone number for your contact at the receiving organization (if you have one).
Accounts payable requests
- Request accounts payable check(s) via our online AP form by 11:59 p.m. Central on Monday, December 4, 2023.
- To streamline AP distributions, we will issue payments via ACH electronic transfer when possible. Please provide bank and vendor contact information when submitting your AP form. The last payments and checks for the year will be issued on Monday, December 11, 2023.
- AP requests submitted Tuesday, November 14 – Monday, November 27, 2023, will be distributed on Monday, December 4, 2023 (no AP Thanksgiving week).
- AP requests submitted from Tuesday, December 5, 2023 – Monday, January 1, 2024, will be distributed on Tuesday, January 9, 2024.
- We are unable to issue any rush payments.
If you need assistance with accounts payable, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team is available to support your needs from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our office will be closed for business on November 23, November 24, December 25, and January 1, 2024.
*ACF’s ACH/wire instructions have changed. If you plan to make a wire or ACH contribution, please notify us by completing this form. A staff member will review the request and send transfer instructions to the email address provided.