Austin Community Foundation is growing to meet the evolving needs of Central Texas. Three promotions and two recent hires have expanded our team’s capacity to provide exemplary service to our community of givers and increase our collective impact. Get to know our newest staff members and learn how others’ roles will be changing.
- Julissa Santos joined as our Operations Coordinator in February. She now maintains the Foundation’s database, provides IT support for Foundation staff members, and supports our Donor Relations team. She has a background in data entry, accounting, human resources, and customer service, and is finishing her Associate in Arts degree in marketing with a focus on international studies. A recipient of the Global Scholars scholarship, Julissa is passionate about creating opportunities for students to explore the world and the many cultures that inhabit it. Another passion of hers is philanthropy, making her a perfect addition to our team helping the flow of generosity into our beloved Central Texas community.
- Adiee Gonzales took on the role of Program Manager of the Hispanic Impact Fund in early March. She provides support for all elements of the Foundation’s programming, primarily serving as lead of the Hispanic Impact Fund. Growing up, Adiee watched her mom give her time and heart to being a social worker, and was inspired to pursue a career that improved the lives of others. She has a degree in sociology and psychology and most recently worked at the Central Texas Food Bank managing the Community Engagement Team by connecting individuals and groups willing to give their time, talents, and financial gifts to support our Central Texas neighbors facing food insecurity. In her previous role, she was continually inspired and encouraged by the enormous generosity of the Austin community.
- Erica Faltesek is now our Director of Operations and IT. She oversees the Foundation’s technology strategy, tools, and systems and develops and implements efficient, effective systems, processes, and workflows that help ACF grow our assets and enhance our impact in Central Texas. As part of her day-to-day responsibilities, Erica manages a top-notch team of operations and service staff with the purpose of streamlining the Foundation’s philanthropic work and providing best-in-class customer service to all Foundation constituents.
- Rebekah Anthony was promoted to Director of Donor Relations. She will continue working with her current portfolio of fundholders while growing and managing a team of Donor Relations Officers who will equip current and future donors with the tools they need to feel confident in their giving strategy and empowered to make a difference. To support this effort, she will be building our repertoire of philanthropic advising resources and workshops to help donors navigate the complexities of giving according to their unique situations.
- Sara Watson has become our Senior Grants Management Specialist, which means she will be overseeing our corporate and programmatic grantmaking cycles, including the community grants program and international grants. She will create timelines and oversee processes while providing support to corporate funds and nonprofits. She will also be working with our Donor Relations team, tailoring philanthropic advising for fundholders to help them reach their giving goals.