Austin is a charitable community, and Austin Community Foundation donors have been giving to the causes they care about for over 40 years. In 2017, our fundholders granted $15.4 million into the community. As the need for efficiency grows within our personal lives, so does the need for efficient and accessible philanthropy.
The donor advised fund (DAF) was first introduced in the 1930s to the philanthropic sector as a tool to give efficiently without the burden of creating a private foundation. DAFs continue to be a powerful philanthropic tool, but a lot has changed in the past 87 years. Today, the Foundation offers a new technology-based solution to support your charitable giving needs. Modern Giving is a tool we’ve created alongside Pinkaloo Technologies to address the growing need for accessible, efficient and democratic philanthropy in our community and beyond.
With Modern Giving, you can make donations to any nonprofit of your choosing at any time, receive immediate tax deductions, and consolidate documentation all on your mobile device or desktop. You can also connect with other modern philanthropists on your giving goals, earn badges for your charity and measure the impact you create in our community.
How it works
- Download the Modern Giving app on your mobile device or visit moderngiving.austincf.org to set up an account.
- Easily deposit funds into your account anytime based on your budget. Schedule monthly recurring deposits to build your balance and achieve your giving goals.
- Efficiently track your giving throughout the year, making tax-time easy with one itemized receipt for your charitable tax deduction. You can also upload tax receipts from other donations given outside of your Modern Giving Account.
- Support your favorite causes by donating to any 501(c)(3) organization. Share your philanthropic activity with other members via the Giving Feed and earn badges for doing good.
- Your Modern Giving account is free.*
- As a part of your account, you join the Foundation’s community of givers by making a $25 gift to ACF’s annual fund, which supports change-making work to close the opportunity gap in Central Texas. You will be invited to our annual fundholder meeting, gain access to exclusive donor education events and connect with a diverse community of philanthropists that care about Austin.
*Credit card processing fees apply. To avoid credit card fees, directly transfer money from your bank account.