As part of the 2021 Women’s Fund grants cycle, the Fund will provide updates on the Grants Committee’s progress leading up to the Grant Partner celebration on May 18, 2021.
This year’s Grants Committee is comprised of Women’s Fund Investors as well as a diverse group of community volunteers who bring varied experiences and expertise. A $100 stipend (in the form of a gift card) will be offered to all Community Reviewers upon completion of the application scoring.
2021 Grants Committee
Members of the Grants Committee were asked to self-identify personal demographic information. The Women’s Fund collected this data to help ensure reviewers reflected a diverse group of individuals and viewpoints.
2021 is the first year in the Fund’s history to collect this type of information and will serve as a baseline for future grant cycles.
Identify as Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, or Asian
Active Duty or Veteran
At or below 200% of federal poverty level
Identify as LGBTQIA
Individuals with a disability
What’s new this grants cycle
- Assurances checklist used in lieu of multiple attachments in the grant application
- One application can be considered across multiple impact areas
- Scoring rubric & guiding definitions shared publicly
- Equity boosters included in scoring rubric
- Individuals from the community were recruited to help score grant applications
- Community Reviewers were compensated for their time
- All grants reviewers invited to attend unconscious bias training
- Zoom Learning Sessions will take place with semi-finalists instead of in-person site visits
- Questions for Zoom Learning Sessions provided in advance
- Community Reviewers will participate in application voting
- Identifying information removed in final vote to curb bias
- All semifinalists receive funding
- Grants awarded for general operating support, rather than project-based awards
In 2021 the Women’s Fund is pleased to award funding to all semifinalists. Final funding amounts will be determined by an anonymized online vote, which all Community Reviewers and Women’s Fund Investors are invited to participate in.
Central Texas nonprofit semifinalist partners
Led by a CEO/Executive Director that identifies as BIPOC
Have boards where 50% or more identify as BIPOC
Report that at least 50% of their clients identify as BIPOC
Have 50% of more of staff who identify as BIPOC
- Application opens: December 10, 2020
- Applications due: January 28, 2021 at 5 pm CST
- Learning Sessions with semifinalists: March 22 – April 16, 2021
- Online voting: May 3 – 10, 2021
- Award decisions announced: May 11, 2021
- Grant partner celebration: May 18, 2021