As we approach the end of 2022, here are some helpful tips and useful information to help you maximize your year-end giving and tax planning.
Donate gifts to your fund
- Charitable stock donation: Must be received in ACF’s brokerage account (Schwab) by 4 p.m. Central on Friday, December 30, 2022. Delivery periods can vary; please consult with your advisor to plan accordingly.
- Complex charitable asset donation: Please contact Cybil Guess, VP of Donor Relations, or Coralie Pledger, CFO, by 5 p.m. Central on December 1, 2022.
- Charitable donation check: Must be postmarked on or before December 31, 2022.
- Wire transfer: Instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution to be delivered on or before December 30, 2022. See the new wire instructions below.*
- Charitable donation online: Donate via the Donate tab of the donor portal on or before December 31, 2022.
- Gifts of Cryptocurrency through Giving Block must be received into ACF’s account by 4 p.m. Central on December 30, 2022. Delivery periods can vary from 2-5 days.
Review ways to give to your fund. Need assistance? Email the Donor Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-472-4483.
Make a grant from your fund
- Submit your request by 5 p.m. Central on December 12, 2022.
- To expedite grant processing, submit your request(s) through the donor portal. Need assistance with your grantmaking? Email email@example.com or call 512-220-1198.
ACF will issue grants via ACH electronic transfer to streamline grant distributions when feasible. In your request, provide an email and phone number for your contact at the receiving organization (if you have one).
Accounts payable requests
- Request accounts payable check(s) via our online AP form by 11:59 p.m. Central on December 5, 2022.
- To streamline AP distributions, we will issue payments via ACH electronic transfer when possible. Please provide bank and vendor contact information when submitting your AP form. The last payments and checks for the year will be issued on December 12, 2022.
- AP requests submitted November 15-November 28 will be distributed on December 5, 2022 (no AP Thanksgiving week).
- AP requests submitted from December 6, 2022 – January 2, 2023, will be distributed on January 9, 2023.
- We are unable to issue any rush payments.
If you need assistance with accounts payable, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team is available to support your needs from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Foundation’s physical office is open on weekdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for in-person support. Outside of those hours, an appointment is necessary.
Our office will be closed for business on Nov. 24 and 25, December 26, and January 2.
*ACF’s wire transfer instructions have changed. Contact ACF for new account information by emailing email@example.com. Please include the donor name, donation amount, estimated date of transfer, and the receiving fund name/gift purpose. Transfer instructions will be sent to the email address provided.