As we enter the final stretch of 2020, Austin Community Foundation is here to help you maximize your year-end giving and tax-planning. Please see below for some helpful reminders:
Donate gifts to your fund
- Charitable stock donation: must be received in ACF brokerage account (Schwab) by 4 p.m. CST on Thursday, December 31, 2020. Delivery period can vary; please consult with your advisor to plan accordingly.
- Complex charitable asset donation: please contact Mike Nellis, CEO, or Coralie Pledger, CFO, by 5 p.m. CST on December 1, 2020.
- Charitable donation check: postmarked on or before December 31, 2020.
- Wire transfer: instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution to be delivered on or before December 31, 2020.
- Charitable donation online: Give via the Donate tab of the donor portal on or before December 31, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, we anticipate the possibility of delays and encourage donors with time-sensitive donations to plan ahead.
Make a grant from your fund
Want to make a grant to a nonprofit by the end of the year? Please submit your request by 5 p.m. CST on December 9, 2020.
To expedite grant processing, submit your request(s) through the donor portal. Need assistance with your grantmaking? Email email@example.com or call 512-220-1198.
In order to streamline grant distributions, we will issue grants via ACH electronic transfer when possible. You can support this effort by providing an email and phone number for your contact at the receiving organization (if you have one) in your request.
Accounts payable requests
- Request accounts payable check(s) via our online AP form by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 10, 2020.
- In order to streamline grant distributions, we will issue payments via ACH electronic transfer when possible. Please provide bank and vendor contact information when submitting your AP form. Last payments and checks for the year will be issued December 18, 2020.
- Due to COVID-19 and our office closure, we cannot hold checks for pick up.
- AP requests submitted from December 11, 2020 – January 4, 2021 will be distributed on January 11, 2021.
- We are unable to issue any rush payments.
Need assistance with accounts payable? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional tips and resources
- Austin Community Foundation can accept donations of complex assets. Learn more.
- Charitable giving can be a helpful part of financial or estate planning. Learn how to plan now and give later.
- We have resources on charitable giving you can share with your tax advisor or estate attorney.
- If you have not yet logged into our donor portal, email email@example.com to set up your account.
Office hours and holidays
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, ACF’s physical office continues to closed until further. Our team is working remotely and available to support your needs from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Our office will be closed for business November 13, 25, 26,27; December 24, 25; and January 1.