The end of 2021 is quickly approaching. In preparation for your year-end giving activities, here are some helpful tips and useful information to help you maximize your year-end giving and tax planning.
Donate gifts to your fund
- Charitable stock donation: must be received in ACF’s brokerage account (Schwab) by 4 pm Central on Friday, December 31, 2021.* Delivery periods can vary; please consult with your advisor to plan accordingly.
- Complex charitable asset donation: please contact Mike Nellis, CEO, or Coralie Pledger, CFO, by 5 pm CST on December 1, 2021.
- Charitable donation check: postmarked on or before December 31, 2021.*
- Wire transfer: instruct your financial institution to wire your contribution to be delivered on or before December 31, 2021.*
- Charitable donation online: Give via the Donate tab of the donor portal on or before December 31, 2021.*
- Crypto: Gifts of Cryptocurrency through Giving Block must be received into ACF’s account by 4 pm CST on Friday, December 31, 2021. Delivery periods can vary from 2-5 days.
*The Foundation will observe New Year’s Day on December 31, 2021. Bank, post office and investment firm hours may vary, please plan accordingly.
Make a grant from your fund
- In order to ensure your grant to a nonprofit reaches the organization by the end of the year, please submit your request by 5 pm CST on December 8, 2021.
- To expedite grant processing, submit your request(s) through the donor portal. Need assistance with your grantmaking? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-220-1198.
- In order to streamline grant distributions, we will issue grants via ACH electronic transfer when possible. You can support this effort by providing an email and phone number for your contact at the receiving organization (if you have one) in your request.
Accounts payable requests
- Request accounts payable check(s) via our online AP form by 11:59 pm CST on December 6, 2021.
- In order to streamline grant distributions, we will issue payments via ACH electronic transfer when possible. Please provide bank and vendor contact information when submitting your AP form. Last payments and checks for the year will be issued on December 17, 2021.
- Due to our ongoing office closure, we cannot hold checks for pick up.
- AP requests submitted from November 16 -November 22 will be distributed November 29 (no AP thanksgiving week). AP requests submitted from December 7, 2021 – January 3, 2022 will be distributed on January 10, 2022.
- We are unable to issue any rush payments.
Need assistance with accounts payable? Email email@example.com.
Additional tips and resources
- Austin Community Foundation can accept donations of complex assets. Learn more.
- Charitable giving can be a helpful part of financial or estate planning. Learn how to plan now and give later.
- We have resources on charitable giving you can share with your tax advisor or estate attorney.
- If you have not yet logged into our donor portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your account.
Office hours and holidays
The Foundation’s physical office is closed until further notice to slow the spread of COVID-19. Our team is working remotely and available to support your needs from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Our office will be closed for business November 25-26, December 24, and December 31.