Applying for a Fiscal Sponsorship
You may submit your request for a fiscal sponsorship at any time. Requests are reviewed quarterly. The review process takes 60-90 days and includes the following steps:
The first step for a Project to be considered for Fiscal Sponsorship is to submit the online application. The application includes:
- Project description
- Expected annual budget
- Fundraising plan
- Anticipated social outputs or outcomes
- Separate entity documentation
- Project contact
2. Initial Review
Applications will be reviewed by Foundation leadership and the Fiscal Sponsorship Committee. Applicants may be asked to submit additional information for clarification.
The initial review is focused primarily on the community impact to be accomplished by the proposed Project and the Project’s mission alignment with the Foundation. Meet the fundraising floor agreed upon between the project and the Foundation ($10,000-$20,000)
Within 30 days of submission, applicants will be notified of the outcome of the initial project review.
3. Due Diligence
Successful applicants will be invited to provide more detailed project, fundraising and financial information. Final review will be completed by the Foundation’s leadership team within 30 days.
Successful applicants will receive a proposed Fund Agreement outlining the fiscal sponsorship relationship and including scope of services, fee structure, and next steps.
Accepted Projects will be invited to a daylong in-person training at Austin Community Foundation’s office. The training will include a review of the scope of services, requirements and best practices, and available tools.
Fiscal Sponsorship training takes place quarterly.
Fiscal Sponsorship Project Requirements for Approved Projects
- Create a separate entity (TUNA, LLC, etc)
- Identify a project director
- Establish an advisory board
- Attend day-long training/onboarding
- Submit required reports
- Notify the Foundation of fundraising activities and events
- Follow Foundation guidelines and procedures
- Meet the fundraising floor agreed upon between the project and the Foundation ($10,000-$20,000)
- Provide documentation to show charitable purpose for all expenditures
- Notify the Foundation promptly of changes in contact information for the Project’s Advisory Committee and Project Director
- Notify the Foundation immediately of accidents or incident involving the project
- File grant reports to funders as agreed
- Maintain liability insurance
Start Fiscal Sponsorship Application