By choosing to establish a nonprofit fund at Austin Community Foundation, you are helping to create meaningful change in Austin while gaining access to world-class investment services and receiving support from an organization focused on fostering an ecosystem of philanthropy.
More than 70 local nonprofits depend on us to nurture and grow their reserve funds or endowments. We can help you inform your supporters about how they can turn their passion for your work into significant gifts that ensure you can help future Central Texans.
We offer three types of funds for nonprofits:
Nonprofit Endowment Fund - A Nonprofit Endowment Fund is suitable for organizations that intend to maintain assets in perpetuity, while providing annual support for programs and operations. The spending policy provides for a maximum amount available for granting each year and is calculated as four percent of the average trailing twenty quarters of the fund’s market value. Fund assets beyond the annual spending amount may only be accessed in cases of financial emergency at the request of the organization’s board and at the discretion of the Foundation.
Investment Fund - An Investment Fund is suitable for organizations that intend to maintain assets for 3-5+ years and want to have flexibility. Fund assets beyond the annual spending amount may be accessed without having to demonstrate financial emergency or need. Due to the nature of the investment pools, please note that this fund is not intended for short-term investment.
Designated Fund - Unlike the funds above which are created by a nonprofit organization, a Designated Fund is created by an individual donor to benefit a charity or charities. When setting up the fund the donor decides when and how much is granted to the charity or charities.
Why Have a Fund With Us?
- World-class investment management - Because our investment dollars are pooled, with current invested assets more than $100 million, we have access to opportunities and expertise not available to smaller investors. Learn more
- Ease of access - You can access your nonprofit fund information 24/7 through our easy and secure online portal.
- Donor services - Prompt gift acknowledgment meeting IRS requirements, acknowledgment cards sent for gifts made in honor/memory of
- Ability to accept complex gifts - Stock, bequests, retirement funds, life insurance, real estate and other assets
Review a fact sheet about Nonprofit Funds. Download
Accounting practices for your Nonprofit Fund. Download
Here are just some of the nonprofit organizations that have a fund with us:
- Animal Trustees of Austin
- Austin Humane Society
Arts & Culture
- Austin Classical Guitar Society
- Austin Opera
- Austin Public Library Foundation
- Long Center for the Performing Arts
- Zachary Scott Theatre
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- Texas Book Festival
- Breakthrough Austin
- El Buen Pastor Childhood Development Center
- KIPP Austin
- Maplewood Elementary School
- O. Henry Middle School
- Austin Parks Foundation
- Hill Country Alliance
- The Trail Foundation
- Austin Shambhala Center
- Congregation Agudas Achim
- Jewish Foundation of Austin and Travis County
- AIDS Services of Austin
- Austin Recovery
- Austin Smiles
- Hospice Austin
- Capital Area Dental Foundation
- New Milestones Foundation
- Project Transitions
- Ronald McDonald House
- Volunteer Healthcare Clinic
- Any Baby Can
- Assistance League of Austin
- Austin Child Guidance Center
- Austin Children's Shelter
- CASA of Travis County
- Foundation Communities
- Girl Scouts Lone Star Council
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes