By choosing to establish a nonprofit fund at Austin Community Foundation, you are helping to create meaningful change in Austin while gaining access to world-class investment services and receiving support from an organization focused on fostering an ecosystem of philanthropy.
More than 70 local nonprofits depend on us to nurture and grow their reserve funds or endowments. We can help you inform your supporters about how they can turn their passion for your work into significant gifts that ensure you can help future Central Texans.
We offer three types of funds for nonprofits:
Endowment Fund - This fund is suitable for organizations that intended to preserve assets in perpetuity, while providing annual support for programs and operations. The spending policy provides for a maximum amount available for granting each year and is calculated as four percent of the average trailing twenty quarters of the fund’s market value.
Investment Fund - This fund is suitable for organizations that plan to maintain assets for at least three to five years and want flexibility. Fund assets beyond the annual spending amount may be accessed without having to demonstrate financial emergency or need. Due to the nature of the investment pools, please note that this fund is not intended for short-term investment.
Designated Fund - Unlike the funds above, which are created by a nonprofit organization, a designated fund is created by an individual donor to benefit one or more charities. When setting up the fund, the donor decides when and how much is granted to the charity or charities.
Why Have a Fund With Us?
- World-class investment management - Because our investment dollars are pooled, with current invested assets in our endowment pool at more than $100 million, we have access to opportunities and expertise not available to smaller investors.
- Ease of access - You can access your nonprofit fund information 24/7 through our easy and secure online portal.
- Donor services - We provide gift acknowledgment that meet IRS requirements, and acknowledgment cards can be sent for gifts made in honor/memory of a loved one.
- Complex gifts - We accept stock, bequests, retirement funds, life insurance, real estate and other assets
Download information about nonprofit funds and accounting practices.
Browse some of the nonprofit funds at ACF
- Austin Humane Society
- Austin Opera
- Austin Parks Foundation
- Austin Public Library Foundation
- Breakthrough Austin
- CASA of Travis County
- Foundation Communities
- Hospice Austin
- Jewish Foundation of Austin and Travis County
- Long Center for the Performing Arts
- Maplewood Elementary School
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes
- Project Transitions
- Ronald McDonald House
- The Trail Foundation
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- Volunteer Healthcare Clinic