The Women's Fund is a key strategy in the Austin Community Foundation’s effort to close the opportunity gap.
The Women’s Fund at the Austin Community Foundation engages men and women in improving the lives of women and children in our community. Funded with membership contributions, members vote annually to award grants to Central Texas nonprofits. To date, more than $1.6 million has been granted by the Women’s Fund to organizations assisting women and children in Central Texas. Learn more about past Women’s Fund projects and impact.
Now in its 15th grant cycle, earlier this year the Women’s Fund invited area nonprofits to submit letters of inquiry for the work they are doing to address these critical needs. The Women’s Fund focuses our investments in the following grant opportunities and Focus Areas.
- Child Care
- Unintended Pregnancy Prevention
- NEW! Innovation Grant
New this year! In addition, the Women’s Fund will also be opening a new grant category, the Innovation Grant, which will be awarded to a nonprofit organization that is taking a creative and innovative approach addressing one or more of the Women’s Fund impact areas above (Housing, Child Care, Education, and Unintended Pregnancy Prevention) and utilizes cross-sector collaborations and partnerships.
To learn more about these impact areas, please read Women’s Issues are Community Issues: A Status Report on Women and Children in Central Texas. This research is the basis for our data-informed grantmaking approach. We also recently took a more in-depth look at child care in Central Texas in our most recent research publication Child Care: An Essential Work Support for Women.
In 2019, the Women’s Fund will be awarding $250,000 total, which includes a $50,000 Innovation Grant and a $50,000 grant in each of our four Focus Areas. Nonprofits may choose one Focus Area (Housing, Child Care, Education, Unintended Pregnancy Prevention, or Innovation) for consideration.
The online portal to apply for a Women's Fund grant is now closed. To learn more about applying in the future, please check out our news for the latest information or sign up for our eNews to stay informed.
- Letters of Inquiry due: January 14, 2019 at noon
- Stage 2 email invitations for full proposal sent mid-February 2019
- Full proposals due: March 12, 2019 at noon
The Women's Fund Project Budget and Operational Budget templates must be used in all Stage 2 submissions
- Site visits conducted March 25 - April 5, 2019
- Award decisions announced early May 2019
- Grant Award Breakfast on May 14, 2019, 7:30 - 9:00 AM
Who is eligible?
- Nonprofit organizations working in the 6 county Central Texas region, which include: Travis, Burnet, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays and Williamson.
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under Sections 501(c)(3) or 170(b)(1)(a)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code and/or be a unit of government.
In general, the Foundation does not grant funds for:
- unrestricted general operating expenses
- endowment funds
- religious organizations for religious purposes
- fundraising activities or events
- umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- political lobbying or legislative activities
Contact Kim Theodore Sidey, email@example.com or (512) 220-1441 and check our news for the latest information or sign up for our eNews to stay informed.