Hispanic Impact Fund
The Hispanic Impact Fund is a giving network that offers unique opportunities to support the economic security and advancement of Hispanic Central Texans. The Hispanic Impact Fund is one of the Foundation’s key strategies to closing the opportunity gap in Central Texas.
Through a data-informed focus we identify opportunity areas where we can make a difference, convene community conversations about solutions, and amplify resources to fund grantmaking that will advance Hispanic Central Texans.
The Hispanic Impact Fund will issue a Request for Proposals annually. The next grantmaking cycle will open in summer 2019. Grant requests are researched by the Hispanic Impact Fund grants committee and the final selection is made by the entire Fund membership.
The Request for Proposals will be open to nonprofits that focus on these three impact areas:
- Early Childhood Education with a focus on pre-K readiness
- Health & Wellness with a focus on health education and access to healthcare
- Job Skills & Entrepreneurship with a focus on small business access to capital and workforce development
To learn more about how the Fund defines these impact areas, please read the When Hispanics Rise, Austin Rises: A Status Report of Hispanic Families Central Texas. This document is the basis for our data-informed grantmaking approach.
The Hispanic Impact Fund will be awarding two levels of grants in each of our three impact areas. One grant up to $50,000 for an established local nonprofit and one grant up to $10,000 for an emerging local nonprofit. Established nonprofits are organizations with an annual budget greater than $500,000; and an emerging nonprofit is defined as a nonprofit whose annual budget is less than or equal to $500,000 and who have been in good standing operation for at least 2 years. Nonprofits may only choose one level and one impact area for consideration.
The online portal is now closed. The next grantmaking cycle will open in summer 2019. To stay informed, sign up for our eNews.
The Hispanic Impact Fund grant opportunity is a three-part process.
- Step 1: Submit an online Letter of Inquiry (LOI).
- Step 2: Applicants selected to submit full applications will be notified via email
- Step 3: Finalists will be presented to the HIF donor base for ultimate selection.
Guidelines for Step 1
The online letter of inquiry (LOI) can be submitted through the online portal. Make sure you are submitting the LOI using the Hispanic Impact Fund grant portal. This is a different portal from our community grants or Women’s Fund program portals.
Guidelines for Step 2
Those invited to move forward to submit a full proposal and video will be notified by email and provided an online link to our full application portal, as well as, instructions on the video requirement.
This Hispanic Impact Fund Project Budget must be used in all full proposal submissions.
- We will release a request for proposals in summer 2019. More details to come.
Who is eligible?
- Non-profit organizations working in the 6 county Central Texas region, which include: Travis, Burnet, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays and Williamson
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under Sections 501(c)3 or 170(b)(1)(a)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government
The Fund does not award grants for:
- Unrestricted general operating expenses
- Endowment funds
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Fundraising activities or events
- Umbrella funding organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Political lobbying or legislative activities
Please review our Commonly Asked Questions for more information.
Contact Meagan Longley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 220-1412. Check our News for the latest information or sign up for our eNews to stay informed.